Help: Using StreamAPIs with Nightbot
Below are the instructions for using any of StreamAPI.com's APIs with Nightbot. Instructions are written using the Twitch Follower Count API endpoint.
Creating Command from Chat
!addcom !followers I currently have $(customapi https://streamapis.com/apis/twitch/follower_count/?authkey=YOURAUTHKEYGOESHERE) followers!
Creating Command from Nightbot Web Dashboard
- Login with your Twitch/YouTube account
- From the left menu, select Commands
- Select Custom from the sub menu
- Click Add Command
- Set command to !followers
- Set message to:
!addcom !followers I currently have $(customapi http://streamapis.com/apis/twitch/follower_count/?authkey=YOURAUTHKEYGOESHERE) followers!
- WARNING: Be sure to replace YOURAUTHKEYGOESHERE with your assigned authkey (visible when you login on streamapis.com).
- Fill out the rest of the form and click Submit
- Nightbot will now use StreamAPIs to get your follower count!
Chat Usage and Output
The URL in the customapi part of the command can be replaced with any of the API endpoints on StreamAPIs.
Nightbot: I currently have 0 followers!